COVID-19 Updates for All Patients:
As we go through these unprecedented times together, the staff at Hackensack Asthma & Allergy Center understands that we must adjust, adapt, and add to our existing protocols in order to ensure the safety of all patients and staff. We understand that your symptoms do not subside during a pandemic, and we are committed to treating you in a safe and responsible manner.
Going forward, we have a few operational changes of which our new and existing patients need to be aware:
- All new patient information will be gathered via phone/email prior to entering the office.
- All patients are required to wear protective masks upon entry to the office. All staff are required to wear protective masks and gloves (while with patients) along with maintaining safe social distance.
- To avoid gatherings of more than 10 people, there will be a max of 3 patient appointments per hour.
- When a patient enters the office, they will immediately be escorted/directed to an exam room.
- Exam room surfaces and door handles are disinfected with wipes before and after each appointment.
- Every patient will have their temperature taken. If a patient has a high temperature, we will send that patient home immediately.
- Patients who present with common COVID-19 symptoms (sudden loss of taste or smell, new onset respiratory symptoms, new onset diarrhea) or known exposure to another person with COVID-19) and those with COVID-19 are not currently being seen in the office.
- Dr. Selvaggi will continue to provide Telehealth appointments for those who are immunocompromised, over the age 65 and our regular yearly routine refill mediciation appointments.
We understand that some of these changes may be inconvenient, but practicing medicine in unprecedented times means we must make unprecedented changes to ensure the safety of everyone who enters our office.
Please stay safe and we hope to be in touch with you soon!
Hackensack Allergy & Asthma Center is the independent practice of Thomas A. Selvaggi, M.D. Dr. Selvaggi is a board certified allergist/immunologist, having received board certification by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology in 1995 and re-certified in 2005 and 2015. Dr. Selvaggi's Maintenance of Certification in allergy/immunology is current. Although the practice is restricted to the practice of allergy, asthma and immunology, Dr. Selvaggi is also board certified in internal medicine originally in 1992 with re-certifications in 2002 and again in 2012. Dr. Selvaggi has also received Added Qualification in Clinical Laboratory Immunology in 2003, the last year the certification was offered by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
The Hackensack Allergy & Asthma Center was formed in 2004 to give a more personalized approach to the delivery of allergy care. In an attempt to maintain personalized care, the practice is independent which means that it is not part of a large multispecialty group, hospital system or a large national organization such as allergy partners. As such, you and your insurance will not be charged "facility fees" which can markedly increase the cost of your care elsewhere. And, your appointment will be with Dr. Selvaggi.
The Center serves patients from all areas of New Jersey as well as many surrounding states. Dr. Selvaggi has been serving the residents of Bergen County and the surrounding area since 1997, after completing a fellowship at the National Institutes of Health. He is on staff at Hackensack University Medical Center, Holy Name Medical Center and is the medical director of the Special Diagnostic Immunology Laboratory at HackensackUMC. Dr. Selvaggi is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at Rutgers University and the Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine at Seton Hall consistent with his mission to teach the next generation of physicians.
The Hackensack Allergy & Asthma Center has remained on the cutting edge of allergy practices being the first office in the state of New Jersey to offer an egg free influenza vaccine and among the first to perform FeNO testing which is a simple 10 second test measuring levels of exhaled nitric oxide that helps determine the presence of allergic inflammation in the lungs to assist in both the diagnosis and treatment of asthma. Hackensack Allergy & Asthma Center has been an early adopter of the electronic medical record, meeting all Medicare incentives since 2009. In 2017, we proudly announce a collaboration with WellSheet, a start-up company that employs ONC-recognized proprietary software to assist the physician in organizing important data in your chart. Currently, the practice offers evaluation for the use of the new biologic response modifiers for asthma, atopic dermatitis, chronic hives and nasal polyps.
The practice is conveniently located in the county seat of Bergen County and is accessible easily by Route 17, Route 46, Route 4 and Route 80. There is one central office and the staff is dedicated to all aspects of allergy/immunology at that one location. Your phone queries go directly to the staff at the actual office during usual office hours, even during the lunch hour.
**Dr. Selvaggi sees patients of all ages. **